Saturday, February 10, 2007

HOUSTON! We Have PRODUCT!







Okay....tis me again!

I made my handles 20 inches long. I did not use interfacing on them because I doubled them over. The width is 1 inch finished. I attached them to the right side of the bag facing down. I then stitched them down. I then placed one bag inside of the other with the right sides facing. At this point, make sure your handles are on the INSIDE. Do not ask how I know this trick. I stitched around the top. I left a 4 inch hole so that I could turn the tote inside out. It is much like birthing a baby if you make that hole any smaller. After I turned it right side out, I measured the bottom and cut a piece of cardboard the same size. I then curved my cardboard and worked it through the hole and into the bottom of the tote so that it would have good bottom support. I then ran a top stitch around the entire top of the tote. Doing that closed up my 4 inch hole so that it did not show anymore.

I know some babygator who is going to like this tote for her birthday. She has been bugging me to make her something with pink camo fabric for the longest!!!

I am going to be gone for a few hours. Bebo and I are going to meet Babygator for supper!


So...be honest with your opinions and help me to learn how to do things better!

15 comments:

  1. OMG. Love it, love it, love it!!! It really does look fabulous! Babygator is one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! It looks loverly (even if it is pink camo fabric!)!! I really like that other piece of fabric. Did you just make the pattern up yourself?? I really does look good.

    I just recently pulled my sewing machine out after about ten years of non-use. I thought there was something wrong with it but it seems to be working fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag! You so rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love it!!! It looks awesome, it really does. You have just gotten so crafty with that sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow; I'm impressed with how much you got done.

    I'm glad someone got something made this weekend. I was going to make myself a fleece hat, but since I moved I can't find my box of fleece, my patterns are a total unorganized mess, I don't know where the power cords for my serger and sewing machine are - you get the idea. I think I'll just go buy a hat. (Oh, but I did discover a cool new fabric store!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purse came our perfect! My daughter would love having a bag with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:34 PM

    http://www.annwoodhandmade.com/shop.html

    Here is you something new to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon...those birds are wonderful! I think you are over estimating my talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it!!! Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pink camo bag is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!