I DON'T THINK MY BRAIN WORKS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE'S

I have been hopping around on the net and seeing several blogs that are making fairy jars. CUTE CUTE CUTE! Here is a flickr page that has several of them. Aren't they adorable?!?!?! I even found a blog that did a zombie jar swap! A couple of those sitting around at Halloween could be really cool!

I really like this project and I have thought about making one but never got around to it. I even bought some cool little jars at the thrift store but just have not been inspired to give it a go.

Recently, a friend of mine has been kinda down. Life has just sort of kicked her around a bit. She works here so you know that she is quirky like the rest of us. The poor dear cried when she heard that Tim Russert had died. (SEE! I am not the ONLY weird one!). Now when we want to see her cry, we just mention good ole Tim Russert and she just puddles.

So what did I make her so that she would feel better?

A TIM RUSSERT IN A JAR!!!

I had to explain to Tim that he was actually going into the jar....to live. He fought me for a bit until I told him that I would give him sparkly butterfly wings. That kind of called him down.
I added a bit of bling to the top of the jar. Tim thought that it was not very manly but I assured him that it was more for HER benefit and not for his. I also assured Tim that I was not gluing the jar lid down and that anytime he felt the need to get out for a bit, he could just tap on the side of the glass and we would give him a breather.One of the things that my friend and I have talked about is value. What is your value? We have to remind ourselves at time that our value is a lot. When she feels like hers is low I remind her. She does the same for me.

I wanted her to know that Tim thinks that her value is always A LOT.

And Tim would not lie.
......wonders who she is going to put into a jar next......

Comments

  1. Wow, that is a really great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of that one summer, when I was about 10, starting my bug collection. You had to put those critters in a jar with an alcohol soaked cotton ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Speechless. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the Tim Russet in a jar. I have bought you bunches of barbie and little babies to put in jars, and you are telling me that you haven't gotten around to it??? Well... Anywho, I love you bunches. I am going back into the living room where it is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterflies make EVERYTHING better. Guess what my grand DAUGHTER'S room is being decorated with...??

    BUTTERFLIES!

    SEE?

    They just make everything ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I think it's funny that sometimes your tracker shows me in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flutterby is right - Butterflies make everything better. I love Tim in a jar. You are so much fun.

    We should so work in the same place because it would be fun!!! I would jump around and make everyone laugh and you would make us stuff and Rach she could take our pictures and write the Sitcom.

    I love my immagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tim in a jar. I think he would too.

    Now, can I have Teh Clooney in a very big jar that is just the right size for him, like, now.... Pleeeze?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How thoughtful and kind, and beautifully made. I've always been told that I am a little 'eccentric' but you put me in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stinkin' cute! Tim looks great, right at home in his jar. You have a great mind, sister! Don't ever let anyone EVER tell you differently! So what was her reaction when you gave it to her?

    I loved Tim, too. He was from my hometown.

    Maybe I should get a picture of you and put YOU in a jar...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mindy, first of all, I adore your brain just the way it is - so there! your creation is precious! You really make amazing stuff! I use that same green velvety rick-rack on my cards...I love rick-rack.
    later, babes!
    xo, Cheryl in IN (Whosyergurl)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! I was lucky enough to meet Tim Russert at a John Fogerty concert in Boston a couple years ago.He was sitting directly behind us with his son (Who was attending BC at the time) They were two of the most gracious and nice people..funny,too. I picture him with wings now,too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can't put my finger on it but this creeps me out...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot Cup is right - it's definitely creepy. In a cool sort of a way. TRIaJ cracks me up. Poor guy - you know he'd hate it, but he'd willingly do it to make someone's day.

    It's good to know Jar Man values the same people that we do! He has good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I want a fairy jar! One for my new office after the move.

    ReplyDelete
  16. MINDY! You are the best!

    And a hilarious crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:06 PM

    oh my goodness - it is brilliant and yet a bit twisted at the same time... you don't think she'll cry a bit every day when she looks at it do you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gave you an award at my house. Go see.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He he. That's funny. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it, love it.
    What a great and creative friend you are.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! I dig it though. I'm into differnt kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay... perusing over your comments, apparently I'm the only guy here, but that's cool. We're a minority in the blog world anyhoo.

    The whole idea of sticking someone in a jar is sorta, uh... cool. I clicked out on your links and got a grin outta the zombies. And your Tim Russet, a work of freakin' art.

    Cowabunga.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *wondering if I got a big enough jar......*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mindy!

    Thanks for coming by to say hi! I love that jar. I hope it cheered your friend up!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, I miss Tim. This jar thing is fun and I think a good memorial to Tim. You are a creative girl.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW...JUST WOW...I don't think your brain works like other peoples either & I ought to know.......I do like the jar & the blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my heck - I'm dyin'here.

    Definitely genius!

    Xazmin

    ReplyDelete
  28. 中国公文网 中国皮肤网 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 癌症康复网 工作总结 个人工作总结 年终工作总结 半年工作总结 单位工作总结 教师工作总结 教学工作总结 学校工作总结 德育工作总结 财务工作总结 医务工作总结 安全工作总结 乡镇工作总结 党员工作总结 团委工作总结 公司工作总结 实习工作总结 班主任工作总结 党支部工作总结 办公室工作总结 学生会工作总结 工作报告 政府报告 述职报告 述职述廉 考察报告 自查报告 情况报告 调研报告 调查报告 申请报告 辞职报告 实习报告 验收报告 评估报告 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 情况通报 情况汇报 心得体会 学习体会 工作体会 培训体会 读后感 领导讲话 庆典致辞 节日致辞 开业开幕 演讲稿 竞聘演讲 就职演讲 比赛演讲 征文演讲 节日演讲 演讲技巧 工作意见 活动策划 工作方案 整改方案 实施方案 企划文案 营销方案 培训方案 应急预案 规章制度 法律法规 事迹材料 先进事迹 个人事迹 申报材料 学习材料 考察材料 经验材料 交流材料 自我鉴定 工作计划 工作规划 年度工作计划 学校工作计划 个人工作计划 团委工作计划 工会工作计划 单位工作计划 党支部工作计划 民主生活会 入党志愿书 入党申请书 入团申请书 转正申请书 党性分析材料 先教活动 整改措施 剖析材料 公告通知 模板范例 贺电贺词 常用书信 合同范本 社交礼仪 法律文书 论文

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm your newest follower and think that you are amazing and quirky. Love the blog. ♥Jess
    stop by sometime to say hey:
    http://sewcraftable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts