The Day the Appliances Died

I would not come near me if you have anything of value that plugs in. I am just not sure as to what curse has been placed upon me but I will be willing to try any remedy!

I got home Tuesday night and was ready to download all of the pictures from my camera to throw up here on the blog. I have pics of Bebo, crafts, the parade and all sorts of good stuff. I went to turn the computer on and.....nothing. No matter how many times you push the little on button on a computer it will not come on unless it damn well wants to. Mine damn well did not so it sat there silent. Made the camera a bit pissy cause she is all bloated with pics. So late yesterday afternoon, the computer made a trip to the doctor. I am convienced that it is simply the on off switch. Maybe that is just really wishful thinking. Let us all say a silent little prayer as we wait for the phone call with the estimate.

Then I got up yesterday morning and decided to make me a healthy smoothie for breakfast. They honest to God mean it when they say do not poke things (such as spoons) into the blender while it is on. The silly strawberry was trying to escape intact and I was not about to let it. Did you know that you can shoot a spoon out of the side of your blender??? Makes a sweet little hole. I have the pics to prove it....just cannot put the damned things on here. My dad came running in to see what had happened and if I was alright. He said *Here, let me clean this up for you.* Me *Heck no, the blender is plastic and the pieces were big....I am going to eat this smoothie!* And readers, I did. I poured the rest of the smoothie out of the new hole in the side and ate up the wayward strawberry. I also realized this am that this blender is over 24 years old. I got it at my wedding shower.

I am suspecting that the appliances are rebelling because of this:

http://www.dirtdevil.com/Products/retrieveImage.aspx?code=LG&id=23529

It has come to live at my home and I LOVE IT! If you do not have one you certainly do need one. So handy and so lite. I have been running it around the house with ease and I am suspecting that the others are jealous. The vacuum cleaner has not been out of the closet since. hhhmmmm.....maybe I should take it out and run it today. It would certaily freak me out if I woke up in the night to find it beside my bed....watching....waiting....

Comments

  1. BWAAAHAHAHA!

    What a hoot! Now that you mention it, vacuums are a little spooky, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rebellion is not widespread--both our driveway gate opener, two sprinklers and our AC pooped out yesterday. Texas, California--where next?

    (Just so you know, the driveway gate and its opener is the silliest invention imaginable--what were the previous owners of this house thinking?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PCT....an epidemic???

    Rach they really are sort of spooky. Especially the ones that have those dolls with bonnets covering them. Like Laura Ingels without legs or a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh. Yeah. You are right about that. The people who own those also have crocheted dolls covering the toilet paper and wooden grandma butts in the garden. Those people scare me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will(this is a guess) wake up tomorrow with the vac by one side of your bed and clowns on the other.....


    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. So totally tacky bebo. I will have the clown sleep in your bed and get his clown make up all over your Texas Tech pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It joined my food processor in small appliance heaven. (Or hell.. I am not sure where they really go) I think it's the beginning of an uprising.It started a few years ago with my washing machine and dishwasher going out in the SAME WEEK. Then it was the pool pump. Then the swamp cooler. Now they've moved on to the little really personal things.

    And I would watch that kid of yours if I were you.. make sure he doesn't have any clowm makeup laying around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good one flutterby...i should do that one day


    (evil laugh)hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I just realized my blender is over 24 years old too--so far it's holding up fine...better than I am, in fact. Computers have minds of their own; my seven-year-old desktop (I think that's about 85 in human years) was running so S...L...O...W...L...Y and crashing at inopportune times, I finally bit the bullet and got a lovely, sleek new laptop... at which point the old computer snapped to, and began running like its younger self. I'm just sorry I had to spend googobs of money on a new, younger rival to get the old one to straighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Don't send the epidemic here!I hold my breath every time the refrigerator turns on and off, thinking, "don't you dare break until after I move out!" (same with the garage door opener and dishwasher and other assorted electronic devices).

    ReplyDelete
  11. List we will try to contain it at the border!

    zorra...blenders used to be sturdy huh?!?!?

    flutter and bebo....watch your backs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not even reading this so my appliances won't get infected.

    ~runs off shrieking into the sunset~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh is that a challenge? You *know* you could not possibly watch your back well enough if we teamed up, lol.. you can't turn around fast enough or often enough..
    *Wondering where that Bozo wig is packed away and if I could mail it off without someone's mom finding it first...*

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that was hilarious!!!!!!!! I laughed until I thought I was going to pee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey flutter...you can send it to me while i am at my grandparents house...(she is not here)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you got it kiddo.. even if I can't find the one that I know is around here someone where I will go out and buy one just for the fun of yanking your mom's chain, LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. don't you let that bug cross the pond we had it here last year everything from the iron (which may just have been surprised at being used) to the toaster and the kettle all blew... and my computer keeps turning itself off now arrghhh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:50 AM

    My computer kept turning itself off. Often when I was in the middle of something. Then Friday afternoon I came in and something smelled of electrical hotness...you know that smell? It was the computer! The fan had died and the top of the case was hotter than a firecracker. Yikes!

    So my DH and I ran down to Best Buy and bought a new power supply and installed it, and here I am again!

    But. I am also obsessively feeling the top of the computer in case it heats up again. Best Buy has this little hoodis that sits on top of the computer and acts like its own personal air conditioner. Can you imagine! Appliances with their own appliances!?

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7822136&type=product&id=1142294700721

    ReplyDelete
  19. But... what happens when the appliances for your appliances go out...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you infect our clothes dryer??? It has been mysteriously stopping and beeping even when ther is still time left on the timer and the clothes are still wet. So I ordered a new timer online and put the thing in myself. Worked for a few days and now it is back to balking. What gives? What evil master villain has a remote control that disables otherwise working appliances in other people's houses?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is this some kind of avian appliance flu?

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must be an avian appliance flu songbird and it is spreading fast!

    I spent the entire weekend without the net. Must admit it was kind of nice.

    I STILL do not have a computer!

    *snickers at appliances for appliances*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mindy,
    I am staying away from you. Although we have enough problems with circuits here. And we have one of the red devils too.

    The Blender story is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Completly hysterical. I'm actually hoping this will spread to my horrible vaccuum...its sounded like jet engine for years now, but won't stop doing its job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We were infected a few weeks ago, and it has accelerated, but with slightly larger objects: the driver's side door of our car wouldn't open ($500 for lock replacement etc aaaargh), a little lull, and then last Thursday the clutch went out ($390). On Friday my younger son lost a crown and it turns out the tooth remnants needed to be taken out, and now we just wait for the permanent molar to descend (he is 6). Today the clothes washer seems to be on its last legs, and I gotta say -- I think we're plumb outta money for now. Aaargh, I say again. Remind me to laugh, ok? Now I'm afraid to use the blender!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts