It's coming to an end and I hate for it to be over. I needed this at exactly the time it began. I had hit a big plateau on my weight loss journey and needed to kick start it. In fact, I have thought about how I would have handled the stress that has come my way if I was NOT accountable during Win Lose or Blog. I might have gone back to my old habits. Win Lose or Blog was what I needed and was at the time that I needed it. Though I hate to see Season 1 end, it will be so much fun to watch the second round of contestants and cheer them on!
So, what have I learned in the last 2 months?
1. Perfect strangers can be in a competition against you and still sincerely cheer you on.
2. People can be your followers and lift you up when you are down. Many time I have gotten emails asking if I was okay when I had not blogged for awhile. Peeps will have your back and not forget you.
3. You CAN get burned out on oatmeal. For reals.
4. Even though I am the oldest contestant this round (I am 47), I have not done too bad if I say so myself.
5. People who suffer from PCOS and Peri-menopause have a whole lot of the same stinking ugly symptoms without the baby part thrown in.
6. That I truly am in control of what I eat and my eating habits. Stress has been at the red alert level and I am still making good choices. It would be great choices but some veggies fell by the way side a week or so ago but they are making a come back.
7. I can post full body pictures with measurements on the Internet and not die. I have been really surprised that my pics have not been stolen and posted on a porn site. ~snorts~
8. You can be assertive about what you think it right and fair and people will listen.
9. Tilapia and cloves have no business being in the same recipe.
10. That no one has ever died from not eating flour or sugar.
11. That even though losing weight is very important to me....my weight cannot define who I am unless I allow it to.
12. A girl can never own too many bentos, tiffins or cute lunch accessories.
13. If you have a question, people WILL help you find an answer.
14. Walking corgis with two different speed settings can be an adventure in itself.
15. It really is alright to fall off the wagon as long as you hop up and climb right back on.
16. There is a big difference between excuses and reasons.
17. You cannot get burned out on bacon. I did a lot of scientific research to help y'all have concrete evidence on that one.
18. You cannot always be the #1 winner. There always has to be runners up in order for their to be a winner.
19. I have learned that it is VERY important to take your measurements. I have not lost gobs during the competition but I have lost inches! I have gone done 1 size in shirts (would have been 2 if I did not have the breasts of a Russian peasant woman) and 1 size in pants. That knowledge kept me moving forward when before, I would have been upset about not losing and might have been tempted into going back to bad habits.
20. My camera weighs 1/2lbs. FOR REALS! I had to learn how to weigh, get the weight on the scale and THEN pick up my camera and take the pic.
21. I am really going to miss this and all of you.
What about you? What have YOU learned?
....does not want to say good bye.....*sniffles*