Okay, January Is Officially CHECKED OFF!

I made it through the entire month of January.  I just wanted to touch on some things here that I did so I will have a place to go back and remember.  So you can stop reading here....it's just a page marker.  Kinda like dog earring the corner of a page.  Not that I would ever do that.  That is blaspheme.   Don't do that.  I mean it.

I completed my Whole 30 and I loved it.  I feel so much better when I eat like that.  I did not stop after day 30 and am going to go on with it.  I will introduce some foods back in eventually but, for now, I am pleased with how I am eating.  Scale victory...I lost 9 pounds without starving myself.  NSV...I have been told that I look like I have lost weight, my face appears to be thinner, my legs have not been restless at night, I have not been tired AND I have not been hungry.
                                  * Left was taken in December 11, 2015.  Right was taken February 1, 2016

NOT.BEEN.HUNGRY.  I did not even crave anything.
** Breakfast is Chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and dump ranch.  The avocado had not made it into the container yet.  
The only drawbacks on the Whole 30 is I always had to be prepared and ready to cook. I treated myself to my bento lunch boxes that I love so much.  I packed my breakfast and lunch for work every single day.  I also made sure that I always had some things to throw together if I needed to like eggs, hard boiled eggs, homemade mayo, dump ranch, sweet potatoes, frozen veggies for roasting, tuna in oil, bacon and olives.  That way I could never say *Oh I have nothing at all to eat...pour me....guess I have to get a taco.*. The other drawback?  OMG THE DISHES!  LOL when you are actually preparing all of your meals, you have a whole lot more dishes to wash.  
                                      *Lunch that day was cut up steak grilled with chili and lime, roasted broccoli,     
                    tomatoes, avocados and coconut aminos (better known as soy sauce without all the salt and gunk).

I managed to get a dresser painted that I bought at a garage sale last spring.  It has just been sitting in my kitchen.  If was not very noticeable and I just stacked stuff on it but nothing inside of it.  I painted it with Behr paint in the color porpoise and used an antique wax on it.  I also painted the hardware black.  I love it now!! Now the drawers are loaded with tablecloths and linens.  
                                           

Since I already had my paint stuff out, next was the front door!  This was another thing that I had bought paint for months ago and had not done.  
                                                  *OMG....don't look at all the corgi dust bunnies on the floor!

Do you sense a *good intentions* theme here.

My front door was just plain white.  I painted it with Valspar  DuraMax in the color fire orange.  Since the corgis have an autumn color pallet and fire orange goes perfectly in the color wheel, they had to spend the weekend outside.  They were none too happy and kept reminding me at the back door that they were indoor dogs.            

I cleaned up the blog a bit.  I separated my bucket list into doing and done.  I blogged each week.

I was able to get almost everything out of the craft room so that I can start on the baseboards and floor.  My plan is to paint the baseboards, sand the floor, stain it and then stencil a design on it. Everything that was in the craft room is in the living room.  It looks like I have a bad case of hoarders going on. Or I am having a garage sale.  

I have lots and lots of cigar boxes.  

I managed to go to boot camp 9 out of 12 times and I have legit reasons as to why I did not go on those 3 days.  My stamina and strength are getting better and I have managed to not fall down and to get up off of the floor when I am supposed to get off of the floor.  I have even been able to run some and not pass out.  I have never been an athlete (YAY ANNUAL STAFF AND DRAMA CLUB!!) but I am learning to like it and like how my body feels and responds to it.

Hosted a Valentine card and heart swap with mail outs this week.

I had a major ginemourous    minor break down around that third week.  I managed to ride the waves and come out on the other side without hurting anyone or myself.  Hormones suck.  I should get a merit badge for that.  






**I found this pic on my phone. It occurred just mere seconds before I was half naked and crying.  It is one of those *right before the accident* pictures.  Lori had just done my hair and I needed to take a pic to remember how to do it before I took my shirt off.  I am weird that way.  Totally dyslexic with my hair.  It's kind of a disability.    











I mailed out at least one letter and or package each and every week.

I cleaned out my suitcase and travel bag and reorganized everything so that I can leave on a moment's notice.  Seriously, you have a ticket...I am SO THERE!   

I bought TICKETS TO GO BACK TO WASHINGTON!  But, Marty says that I cannot go unless my memory gets better and my brain fog clears up.  She thinks I will just get off the plane in Vegas and stay there. I don't know if that would mean I was loopy   confused    out of my cotton pickin  mind and could not function responsibly or I was incredibly smart and resourceful and chose to stay in Vegas and blame it on mental problems.  hhhhmmmmmm  I also think she is still worried about that whole kidney harvesting scare.    I'll pack snacks regardless.  

All in all, even with the meltdown, it was a good month where the word DO was put into action. DO takes me out of my comfort zone.  My pretty little zone includes yoga pants and a couch.    I prefer sitting.  Oh, speaking of sitting, I also managed to watch the whole 7 seasons of Nurse Jackie on Netflix.  Why did no one every tell me about that show???  What else are you people holding out on me?

Now I just have to figure out my February.





.......needs to win the lottery, be adopted by sugar parent or take up table dancing.

Comments

  1. Go you!! Glad you are getting stuff DONE. I am so way all entirely jealous of that dresser. If you find another one at a garage sale that needs a home, I am available. Enjoy Washington! And/Or Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do told you about Nurse Jackie. You just weren't ready to hear it. Or Nurse Jackie knew you'd need her in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much, Mindy. I'm impressed with your January. And I love what you did with that dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in season 5 of Nurse Jacky! Love it! And I love that your January list has been so successful. It's because you're a superstar. (Whispers superstar)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:11 AM

    You dd a great job in January and i am happy to report all co-worker are present and accounted for. Really, she didn't kill any of us! CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts