Thursday, November 22, 2007
1. Babygator and Bebo
2. My parents, brother and nephew
3. My home
4. Being able to go home to my parents
5. The CRV
6. A job that I love
8. A fridge and pantry filled with food
10. Amazing Grace
11. Clean panties
12. Friends that I can see and touch
13. Online friends that I can see through their words
18. Eating a meal with those that I love
19. A beloved treasure that swan sent me from her heart that sits on my desk now.
21. A first kiss
23. Shoes and Socks
24. People that are working today
25. That waitress from Shoney's that never knew the difference that she made
26. My health
27. A freaking SWEET life
28. You...thank you for taking the time to read my blog and to be my friend.
Today I choose to see the little things in life. The small things that keep my life running and my head above water.
So today, what are you thankful for?
Monday, November 19, 2007
1. I obsessivly check the curling iron and stove to make sure that they are turned off in the mornings...even if I have not done them.
2. I rarely do forwards. They make me NUTS.
3. I love shoes but you will find me barefooted most of the time.
4. I like karo syrup on my pancakes.
5. I do not *do* margarine. BUTTER all the way.
6. I love my tail. My mom even told me this past weekend that she hopes that I do not cut it off because it is just *Mindy* now.
7. My middle name is a boys name and spelled masculine. It is after one of my grandfathers.
8. My two children are the best thing that I have even had a hand in doing.
9. I sleep on just one side of the bed even though I do not have to share it.
10. Sometimes I feel like I have wasted a whole lot of my life.
1. The phone rings, who do you want it to be?babygator or bebo
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?Oh hell yeah!
3. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?Yes I would. If I had the chance.
4. Do you take compliments well?I try to.
5. Do you play Sudoku?It is NUMBERS. Might as well be a Japanese game!!
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness would you survive?Well, first I would sit down and cry...a lot. Then I would think *OMG! the Blair Witch might be here and I have GOT to get out of here!!
7. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you would save? I would grap bebo and my treasure box. I keep my special things in my treasure box.
8. Who was the last person you slept in the bed with? *sobs*
9. Who do you text the most?Bebo
10. Favorite children's book? Island of the Blue Dolphin
11. Eye color?Blue
12. How tall are you?5'4
13. If you could do it over again, start from scratch, would you?Nope, I sometimes hate all the paths that I have been down but I would not be Mindy if I had taken a different route. Would I have kicked some people along the way? Oh Yea!
14. Any secret admirers? If there is PLEASE COME OUT NOW!
15. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Last day after Thanksgiving with babygator.
16. Favorite ex..? There isn't one.
17. Where was the furthest place you traveled?Mexico
18. Do you like mustard? Yep
19. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? Those are two of my favorite things.
20. Do you miss anyone? Yes
21. Can you do splits? I could not even do a decent cart wheel right now.
22. What movie do you want to see right now? Not really
23. What did you do for New Year's Eve? Nothing
24. Do you think The Grudge was crappy? I have not seen it
25. Do you own a camera phone?Yes....I am in love with my Hue
26. Was your mom a bitch? Nope. But we have a better relationship now then we did while I was growing up
27. What is the last letter of your middle name? y
28. Are you hispanic? No
29. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? At least 8. I am a morning person. Love going to bed early
30. Do you like care bears? Well, they are alright. Do they like me?
31. What do you buy at the Movies? Nothing....ssshhh I sneak thinks in.
32. Do you know how to play DDR? What is that?
33. Do you wear your seatbelt? Every single time!
34. What do you wear to sleep? Yoga pants and t shirt
35. Is your hair straight or curly? Straight
36. Is your tongue pierced? NO
37. Do you like Liver and Onions? *GAGS AND SPITS*
38. Do you like funny or serious people better?Funny
39. Ever been to L.A.?No
40. Who is on your mind right now? The kid that got sent to prison this morning.
41. Any plans for tonight? I am making babygator and I headbands for Friday. Team Gator Ready for ACTION!
42. Whats your fav. song at the moment? Daughtry's Over You
43. Do you like chocolate? Yes
44. What do you and your parents fight about the most?We never really fought.
45. Are you a gullible person? At times yes
46. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? I like to think that I am a happy person without someone in my life but I think it would make me happy. Anyone with a single brother?
47. If you could have any job what would it be? Love my job
48. Are you easy to get along with? Yes
49. What is your favorite time of day? Morning
50. Are you generally a happy person?Yes, very much so.
Friday, November 16, 2007
I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.
I have no trouble sending internationally!
(Actually, mine is ready to mail out and will go into the mail in Monday. I wanted the rules to be like I found them so that they will be easy to cut and paste. Also, it would not have to be homemade in order for you to participate)
I have also signed up for the giveaway on Patti's . If I am one of the ones that was picked, I will be giving away 3 more things!!
Edited to add that I have 3 winners! Come back again over the next few days and I will do this again.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Yesterday, Ester asked why I never just wear it straight...no product....no teasing it with my fingers to get it texture or body. So, today, I did not too it. It is driving me nuts. It gets in my ear and tickles!! I brought stuff to texturize it just in case but Ester told me NO.
This is the world that I make when I walk away from the wacky work one. This is the world that no one talks back or has to pee in a cup for me. I just DO in this world. And, if I do not like what comes of it....I can toss it into the trash.
These make me happy too. These are the baby Sharpies that live at my house. I run a home for wayward Sharpies. You have a Sharpie giving you trouble? Send it to me and I will whip it into shape.
What keeps you sane?
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Do you have any suggestions for really cute Christmas gifts that an idiot might be able to make?
First off, I do not think you are an IDIOT!! I am working on some things that I am really liking right now. I am making some covered notebooks and altering a clock. No clock pics right now but I can get some up if you want to see them. The notebooks are TOTALLY easy and cheap. If anyone is interested, I can post a tutorial. The little one is 4 1/2 x 3 1/2. You can buy scrapbook paper in ANY theme. I think they will make nice teachers gifts. The big one cost around $2.00-$2.50 to make. The little one around $1.00-$1.50.
What would be a good gift to make from the Sunni triangle that needs to pass through Navy customs and not be any type of war trophy without express written authorization and still be simple enough for a Marine to make?
What color is the nail polish?
OPI’s *I’m Not Really A Waitress* Love that stuff! And I am so addicted to the color even though it is so out of season now.
And did you paint them or have them professionally done?
I paint my own toe nails. I hate how anyone else does them. I have never had a pedicure that was as good or better than what I can do myself. Now my finger nails are a totally different story!!
Well I personally wanna know where the rest of all those bazillion pictures went that you took while you were out here. *hhrrumph*. And Bebo's too.
Most are on a flash drive that I left at home. This is one of my favorites from trip (one of my 1,100 favorites from that trip.)
If you could go back and choose a different career for yourself, what would it be? And, do you see an opportunity for doing this in the future? As in Grandma Moses who didn't start painting until she was in her 70's.
Would I choose a different career? No, I truly love my job. I also know that many MANY people cannot honestly say that. If I had gone to college right out of high school (like I was supposed to have done) I would have been a drama/speech teacher. I think I would have done well at that if I could have gotten over this sense of shyness that constantly follows me. *snorts*
I do know that I have always wanted to be an actress. I do not see that happening this late in my life. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would so totally go into a more creative job...maybe a tea shop or a bakery?
VERY good question! We had leftovers. I have been trying to use what we have and it has made for some interesting meals. I never buy actual bacon in the packages anymore. I buy *bits and pieces* bacon. I discovered it when we first started camping. It is a big box of the ends and bits and pieces all packaged together. MUCH cheaper than bacon in the sweet little packages. You always get big chunks. So, last night, it was bacon sandwiches.
What are YOU getting for Christmas? What is your Christmas wish?
Oh WOW! I already know what I am getting from my parents. They started giving us money each year. Easier for them and it helps me out. I love gift cards. Love massages. I am easy to please. Would love me some more of Patti's potholders! Those things are beautiful!
What's with the cows?
Frog opened her blog up awhile ago and allowed us to ask her questions in return for getting asked a question. Her question was about the cows. I cannot tell you how much I just love these fiberglass cows. I was there when the original herd was brought in years ago. It's weird but I just love them. I like the idea of them. I like the creativity of them. I have still done NOTHING with my own calf! I think it is because I know that, once I do something with her, I will have to let her go. ~cue the music to Born Free.......~
Bonus Question that ya'll did not ask but has been brought up before....
What is Blingo?
You will notice that I have a Blingo button on my side bar. I would totally appreciate it if you will click on that button and sign up under my name!!!
Blingo is powered by google. Blingo is the search engine that gives away prizes every day like movie tickets, iTunes gift certificates, plasma TVs, and even a Ford Mustang, just for searching the Internet.
It really works. I have won movie tickets using it just like I would google. Flutterby used it and won an i-tunes card. Since she was signed up under me...I won one too!
Friday, November 09, 2007
Lots of work. Christmas coming up. Shopping online. Just usual stuff.
Just a teensy bit antsy. It helps to pull back from the internet when I get that way. Nothing is wrong at all and life is sweet. It's just rushed and hectic and I am a bit lazy. Just kind of floating.
Plus, I have nothing to say. ME? With nothing to say? Odd I tell you.
So, for fun, I am opening this blog up to questions. What would you like to know? Leave your questions in comments and I will answer them in a blog entry tomorrow.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Cause I have MAIL!!! I am in several different swaps right now and they have all started to roll in! I love mail!!
This first one is from JudyB. She is my swap partner from Sweet Goodness Swaps. This is a three month swap. I got a pumpkin trick or treat bag, some candy and she made me a scarf. Such pretty colors! Just wish that it was cold enough to start wearing!
Then I got Deb's envelope. It exploded upon opening cause it was so stuffed with wonderful colorful goodness! She sent me pink and green fabrics (love LOVE the kitties!!), bits and pieces of leftover projects and I already know where I am going to use a lot of them, tiny little starfish, jewelry finding, confetti (which I LOVE), blank greetings cards with envelopes and all sorts of swag!
Look at the wonderful colors! And look at that frog!!!
But this is my favoritest thing of all...
Teeny tiny little brown, black and white COW SPRINKLES!!! Man I am in COW HEAVEN!!! She told me her little one found them at the grocery store for me....I owe that kid something!!!
Then I had a sweet lady from Texas, Bec, emailed to ask if she could be in our envelope swap even though she did not have a blog. Told her SURE and I swapped with her! Look at her package!
She sent me a cute tote from the Humane Society, Halloween pumpkin and sweet ghost pot, suckers, BUSINESS CARDS (cause ya'll know I love them) A cookie cutter (and it is awesome and I do not have anything at all like it) and a sweet sweet angel. She also sent me the most awesome vintage postcards!!!
And then she sent me wallpaper sheets to use for my paper crafts! Is that not cool?!?!?! These are just a few of the sweets and I love them.
In the middle of all of this, she decided to start a blog so it is my pleasure to introduce BEC!!
I have had such a good time with all of my swaps. Have ya'll been getting your envelopes? Share your pics with me??? PLEASE?!?!?!?!