*TAG* I Am It

~laffin~ Well, in my book I am IT. However, I got this from Rach so here I am having to use my brain.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451 ; which book do you want to be? I am taking this to mean what book would I save or risk my life for. hhhmmmm......has to be A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving. It is my favorite book in the world and has been for years and years. I have now checked it out of the library 7 times and then finally bought myself a copy. Each time I read it, I learn something totally different. In summary, we are all exactly what and were we are supposed to be. Everyone has a job and even the most silliest things can be used for big things.


2. Have you ever had a crush on a fiction character? Summer of My German Soldier by Bettee Greene. I first read this book in the early part of junior high while attending Post Middle School in Post Texas. I remember that it was summer and I went to the library with my grandmother and got it. I fell in love with the German soldier. Later in life, I re-read the book and loved it for so many different reasons. I love how *irregular people* are explained in this book. So very very true since we all have *irregular people* that we have to deal with.


3. The last book(s) you bought: The Raggamuffin Gospel


4. The last book you read: Does a cook book count? If so it would be a cookbook by Paula Deen. The Lady and Sons, Too She is wonderful and I love her recipes. She cooks how I like to eat.


5. What are you currently reading? The Raggamuffin Gospel. I have yet to read the first page and have already gotten so much out of this book. It is the only book that I have allowed myself to skip around in and it has been a pleasure doing so. Both Rach and Ester are proud of me for doing it. There have been a few places that I did not agree with but it is a wonderful book.

6. Five books you would take to a desert island:

The Raggamuffin Gospel, A Prayer For Owen Meany, The Texas Country Reporter Cookbook (a great read as well as a cookbook), The Red Tent (The story of Dinah and the celebration of women and hidden power), and my own personal Bible. It has 2 different versions and all of my notes that I have made on the pages. It is also stuffed full of things my children made in Sunday School and notes we have passed back and forth.


And now I will pass this on to my sweet high strung Baby Gator. Tag you are it!

Comments

  1. Oh, you are so right - The Red Tent was a great book. I know Owen Meaney is sage and you have taught me a lot about irregular people, even though I haven't read the book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Owen Meany, and the Red Tent. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts