Sexy Dork

I am wearing my favorite piece of clothing that I have ever owned. I bought this off white pull over sweater at a thrift store in 1993. I absolutely love this sweater even though there is nothing particularly special about it. It was used when I got it and I intend to be buried in it. This sweater makes me feel ultra sexy and comfortable. I could be a super hero in it. That is the way that it makes me feel. Key word there is FEEL. I have seen photos of me in this sweater and I do look at myself in the mirror. I am to bulgey for the sweater of power and look washed out in it. It appears (to mere mortals )to just be a plain old sweater. I know better. This sweater was worn weekly while I was in college and I have worn it at least 3 times a month until a year ago. I decided then that it was just not good enough to wear to work and put it in the back of my closet. I am so tired this week and the paranoia is like little wisps of fog that I can almost see at times. I know it is just trying to creep in due to the crazy schedule I am keeping and weird hours and it is being held at bay. So I am going through my closet this morning and there it is....The sweater of power. I knew then that today it had to be worn. My old friend that knows so much of my history and still loves me even though I had exiled it to the far corners of the closet is keeping me safe today. Today, in my mind, I am sexy and wonderful and that makes me confident. I just hope that they remember to bury me in it so that I can face eternity feeling this way. Wouldn't it be nice if everything could be fixed that easily?

Comments

  1. You just crack me up! You are beautiful in whatever you wear! But if this sweater makes you feel extra sexy and gives you that great sence of power....just know that if you die before me....I will be sure that you are buried in it. But if I am unable to convince your family.....do not fear....I'll put in by your feet and you can change later! Love you, alway your FRIEND!-FROM ESTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am loving Ester's comment. What a great sweater story! All good superheroes have to have special uniforms - glad you have found yours. I had some lucky socks once. My mom kept throwing them away because they had ceased to exist below the ankle. I kept digging them out of the trash...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts