Thankfulness




One of the things that I teach about in one my addictions class is that we can easily fall back into negative habits and patterns when we let ourselves get to Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired or Sad (HALTS).  Teaching is a funny thing.  You can get yourself way deep into the middle of the lesson because you TRULY believe in what you are teaching.  Then....you walk away and, sometime later it dawns on you that, even though you just taught something that you KNOW is true you have not been practicing it.

hhhhuuuuuhhhhh??????   ME??????

I have let myself fall back into some places that cause triggers for me. If I even let myself lose some focus then I am a goner.   ~laffin in that scary kinda way~  Instead and being strong and getting rest and regrouping,  I bought popcorn and potato chips and self medicated.  ~grins~

 So it is time to focus again.  One of the things that can bring me back to Mindy is my list.

 It's been too long hasn't it?  

Today I am thankful for:
  1. Money to pay my taxes
  2. New mattresses
  3. Flowers
  4. People who love me enough to find their place in my head
  5. Fresh clean panties
  6. Cell phone chargers
  7. Snail mail
  8. My mom learning to text
  9. Granddudes  and dudette
  10. Spotify
  11. Oatmeal and dried cherries
  12. Soft boots
  13. Basil and rosemary plants
  14. Pinterest
  15. Paint and brushes
  16. Doors
  17.  A body that has served me very well
  18. Soft t-shirts from far off places
  19. A washer and dryer in my home
  20. You
Okay, now you know how this works.    What are you thankful for today? 

Oh come on....don't be shy.....Tell me.  I can keep a secret.  ~grins~


Comments

  1. Thankful for:
    Waking up every day
    My perfect grandson
    A loving spouse (cute, too!)
    Daughters!
    A good job
    Wheels
    Strong fingernails
    My health
    Fresh, clean panties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast burritos.

    And kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You
    the ocean and all it holds
    the sun and the moon
    my soft comfy bed and binkie
    indoor plumbing, especially a hot shower
    coffee
    my feet hitting the floor every morning
    the love of my friends
    music
    my church
    Being alive

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fashion show that I went to by myself (I had asked 4 different people). Because I was alone, I got a seat in the front row. And, I thought I would be one of the oldest- two of the models were older than moi- one was 57 and one was 85!
    Thankful for sick time so I could go back to bed for a few hours when I didn't feel well.
    Thankful to talk to my Mama.
    Thankful for job postings that give me hope.
    Thankful for sunshine despite the cold temps and threat of snow.
    Thankful to get to know a gal in TX. xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankful for...
    lucky latte best dog ever.
    coffee with caramel and whipped cream
    friends in the boonies
    hot water; a roof; food in the cupboards
    holy week
    snow pants and parkas
    birdies singin' in the snow
    the stray cat outside eyein' the birdies
    red toe nail polish
    leftover pizza
    and vitamin C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your thankful lists always move me, Mindy. For that, I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:48 PM

    I'm thankful to enjoy being a girl. Again.

    LVC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for my body as well, I'd be totally lost without it. Also for the pleasure of farting in the open air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try this a third time. Commenting.

    ~Being above ground and dressed

    ~Coffee

    ~The ability to stay out of jail

    LVC

    Here is a cool phone app called Happier: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happier/id499033500?mt=8
    You post three things a day that made you happy. Then you look at them later and remember how it felt. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts