2008. It had some high highs and some really low lows. It was not a year without waves. There were some funky butt clowns that drove their nasty little clown car right up on my lawn. However, it was MY LAWN. I shooed them right on off. There were also some new ladies that entered into the kingdom and I felt like I had known them all of my life. All in all....it was a good year.
I learned that some people are just wonderful people. Good honest down to earth people. Does not matter that you have never seen them face to face...or even heard their voices. They are just solid.
I also learned that people can say they are one thing but show you they are another. I was talking to Rachel about this the other day. I told her that that one of my new pet peeves was that little Bible verse that some bloggers put at the top of their blogs. There was a blog that I used to read long ago that did that. Then, the blogger spent her time backbiting and running people down. Rachel said it is sort of like having a fish sticker on the back of your car and flipping people off.
So, if you are going to fly the flag, make sure you are good enough to fly it.
I learned that you can have a dream for years and then get it and wonder *what in the world am I doing???* I am totally in love with my home. This was our first Christmas in it and it just felt right. My mom and babygator came a few weeks ago and we did some more to the house. Babygator got my craft room painted and it is coming together. I did not realize how much I was missing creating but I have been spending more and more time in there. I am just pulled in. Molly has a chair in front of the window that she sits on while I am in there. Gingerbean sits under the table at my feet. And it is all good.
This was the first year that I have ever deleted a comment and a blogger because of their being hateful and rude. I feel that I am an open tolerant person but I draw the line at some things and it is MY house to draw the line in.
I have learned that people are who they say that they are. You just need to listen.
This was the first year that I have really seriously thought about closing my blog. I have thought long and hard about it for the last two months. Babygator and I were attacked on a blog. That same blog use a thankfulness list to attack me and hurt my daughter. She was attacked because that person was jealous of the relationship that my daughter and I have. One that she cannot understand. It made me stand back and examine a lot of things. Especially my thankfulness list. I think that is something that should NEVER be used for underhanded...snide...EVIL. That is why I have found it hard to blog.
There has just been so much negativity lately. In midget clown bloggers, in some of the blogging world, at work. I an tired of all of the negative energy. I am even more tired of being a part of it.
Midget clowns can bite me.
Cause I have decided to bite back.
I am ready to reclaim my joy. ~leaps around brandishing her SWORD Impishness~
Today I am thankful for:
1) My children and my relationship with them. Love them but they are weird...bless their little hearts.
2) My parents. I came from a wonderful home and would not be who I am today without them. I am so glad that I was raised in a stable family environment. I am not saying that we are normal but we are stable. Oh hell we're just weird.
3) My job. I love my job and am blessed to be at a job where we do get along. We have our differences but we work so well together. OMG...they are all weird too! I am beginning to see a pattern!
4) My home. My home. Did I say MY HOME? Readers you do not understand what achieving that dream has meant to me. What ever am I going to dream for next?
5) My CRV. My sweet ride gets me too and from and I just love her.
6) Molly Meow. My sweet kitty that loves my electric blanket a bit more than she loves me.
7) Gingerbean. The corgi I never ever thought that I could have.
8) Bloggers who do have the Bible Verses on their blog and Christians that do have the fish sticker and live their good faith every day for the whole world to see.
9) Sweet gentle words
10) Money in the bank
11) A warm bed
13) unanswered prayers
14) My sewing machine
15) Wristlets! Where have these sweet things been all of my life?!?!?! I am still carrying my Santa Claus one.
16) Affordable gas
17) CLEAN PANTIES!!!!